Cavendish Scott’s 3-day Internal Auditor course teaches a general understanding of the concepts of the ISO 9001:2015 standard and the principles and practices of leading management systems and process audits in accordance with ISO 19011:2018. Experienced instructors explain the clauses of ISO 9001:2015 in detail and guide students through the entire audit process, from managing an audit program to reporting on audit results. Our qualified instructors will also help you to boost your audit capabilities with the latest developments of the new 19011 standard. Students gain necessary auditing skills through a balance of formal classroom tutorials, role playing, group workshops, and open forum discussions.
Cavendish Scott is an Exemplar Global certified training provider for the following competency units contained in this class. Attendees successfully completing this course will receive a Certificate of Attainment for these units:
- QM – Quality Management Systems
- AU – Management Systems Auditing
New to TPECS? For more information, please see our Understanding the TPECS Course Structure page.
- Understand quality management definitions, concepts, and guidelines
- Understand the purpose of the ISO 9000 series
- Understand the requirements of the ISO 9001:2015 standard
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the auditor
- Apply ISO 19011:2018 concepts, new terminology and guidelines
- Understand the types of risks and opportunities associated with auditing
- Recognize the principles, practices, and types of audits
- Conduct all phases of an internal audit adopting a risk-based approach
- Prepare and present effective reports
- Understand Exemplar Global’s certification scheme
Students receive comprehensive course manuals with reference materials.
Who Should Attend:
- Individuals interested in conducting, managing, or participating in first-party (internal) audits
- Management system implementation team members
- Quality Control Managers
A prior review of the ISO 9001:2015 standard is required and internal audit experience is suggested for this course. Knowledge of the Annex SL is suggested.
There are written tests on each of the competency units in turn on Days 2, and 3. Detailed exam instructions will be provided. Certificates of Attainment in each competency unit will be provided for students who are deemed “Competent” for each competency unit. Certificates of attendance are provided to those who do not pass the competency test(s), and students will be given the opportunity to retake the test(s).